Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Moon Signs and Boxing Day

Happy Boxing Day, everyone! I hope you all either helped the poor, tipped heavily, or didn't get trampled by the shopping crowds today. My BIL, Logan, almost wasn't lucky in the third category mentioned.

Today was just one of those days where I've been contemplating life and thinking about the past.

I was really getting back into my astrology roots. I used to give astrology readings daily to my friends. It was so much fun.

As of late, I'm really into lunar astrology of sorts. In specific, western moon signs and Chinese astrology. I think it's partially due to my calling with voodoo hoodoo. I used to heavily celebrate and pray around the new and full moons every year. Fun fact: Ian and I got married on the first night of a full moon. Being a Chaote, my spiritual quest has led me to studying more of voodoo hoodoo (I blame dad on that one, ironically) and Buddhism. I need both in my life right now, especially with religious decisions and conversations Ian is pushing me into. Lately, it seems as if he doesn't respect my spiritual beliefs anymore, especially ever since I told him that I wanted a break. One of the biggest reasons Christmas Eve was so rough on me was the fact that Ian and I had a long heart-to-heart talk on my views and if I was going to convert to being LDS.

If people were wondering/didn't read my "more about me" section of this blog, my moon sign is in Libra, and my main Chinese zodiac animal is the earth snake.

I really dig moon sign calculators.

LibraDegree: 29° 37'
People with the Moon in the same degree
Diplomatic, aesthetical, avoiding confrontation, understanding and attentive. Likes to spend time with the partner, hates situations that require to make a choice.
The Moon in Libra people have a desire to conciliate conflicting interests, to help even complete opposites to meet somewhere, to find a peaceful solution for a conflict situation. In short - they are inborn diplomates. Intuitively, they feel that everything in this world has two sides - a positive and a negative - and try to restore harmony where, as they think, there is no balance. If someone is praised onesidedly, the Moon in Libra will add something negative about that person. But if someone is criticized, the same Moon in Libra will add something positive to the mixture.
It is quite typical for the Moon in Libra individuals to hezitate endlessly in situations where some choice is required. The result of their decision doesn't become better from the amount of time spent in hezitations - they just pick something at random when there is no possibility to delay anymore.
Relationships can often be the most important part of life for the Moon in Libra people. Not only their emotional well-being, but even the state of their health might depend on how successfully they find mutual understanding with their partner. In order to restore their balance after a significant stress, they need to spend some time together with someone who is dear to them, to speak about their problem, to feel compassion and understanding. And if they don't have such an opportunity for a long time, if stress continues to build up, the Moon in Libra can become inconstant and erratic. They can develop a problem with kidneys and get lower back pain as a result. Another typical health problem for them is a migraine-like headache, which also often has its roots in kidneys.The Moon in Libra gives aesthetical perception. These people know quite well what they like and what they don't, which colours and styles look right and which do not match. Parents with such a Moon are often worried about how to dress their children elegantly and fashionably so that nobody could say that there is something wrong in their family. The image of their family means a lot for the Moon in Libra individuals, and being good diplomates they try to always make a good impression and to hide any existing problems.
(Source)

Also,  this post from Rookie really hit home today. These type of journal pages are such an inspiration to me. I used to do journal pages like these when I was younger. They were the best. I always had amazing ideas when my journal pages were laid out in a collage like manner. I plan on making a new visual journal when the New Year starts.

On the last note, I think I have my New Year's goals (not resolutions, since they don't stick!) ready:

  1. Try my best in anything I do.
  2. Work on my relationships with people, little by little, especially if they deal with Ian or Evelyn.
  3. Meditate and do yoga on a regular basis (part one of getting healthy over the next year).
  4. Eat, as best as I can, according to my blood type (part two of getting healthy over the next year).
  5. Take more analogue pictures, whether they're personal or if they deal with work.
  6. Obtain my own TLR camera, bike, first Blythe doll, and an updated passport. A car would be nice, but if I have a bike, it's not needed as bad. If worse comes to worst, I'll have Ian or somebody else drive me around.
  7. Earn enough money to put into savings, getting Lasik surgery, getting my back adjusted, getting heavy dental work done, getting Invisalign, emergency nest egg, play money account, and to travel.
  8. Have more sheet monster time. ;P
  9. Do more tarot readings, photography sessions, and crafting for myself and other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment