Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I'm BACK!

(It's awkward when you go back to your other blog, and realize that the hiatus post that was supposed to be there wasn't... :/ )

I'm back on this site, and it feels great! I was updating my other personal blog for awhile (as it needed quite a bit of TLC).

I have decided that this blog will host any and all Halloween Countdown related posts. I thought about switching this whole blog right on over to Tumblr, where I do have a huge following, but thought that wouldn't be fair to my original Blogger buddies.

Don't you ghasts and ghouls feel loved? :P

Another thing I thought about was posting days for the Countdown this year. They only ask that the posts be kept frequent during the Countdown, but there are no official rules on posting. Ideally, I would post everyday, but with a new baby girl on the way and commissions keeping me busy, timing is tricky. I was thinking about switching posting up to every other day or just on the weekends (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). I am doing this so you get heavy content posts worth reading. If I finally figure out a regular posting schedule, I will let you all know A.S.A.P.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Misgivings Day Weekend is almost here! If you don't already know, Misgivings Day kicks off what I call the Spooky Season. Misgivings Day is to Halloween as Thanksgiving is to Christmas. It lands on the twenty-second of this month this year (9/22/2013), which happens to be the Autumn Equinox. Since I'm pregnant, I'm keeping this simpler than usual (gestational diabetes with Evelyn was enough last time!). I plan on consuming apple cider that's non-alcoholic (hot or cold works), homemade pumpkin ice cream, and homemade apple chips while marathoning several horror movies. Some crafting may also be involved. As Misgivings Day falls on the Equinox, I'm also going to do a moon specific ritual, fire off some sigils, and read tarot cards.

Do you have any plans for Misgivings Day? If so, I want to hear from you in the comment box!

Take care and stay awesome! ^w^

No comments:

Post a Comment